The main goal of the project is to establish a strategy for the implementation of sustainable IBU Regional Events, focused on developing biathlon.
The project is focused on structured and future–oriented long-term activities and promotes cooperation among NFs inside and between the IBU Regions. IBU support is intended as partial support for organizers and may include also partial support for participants. The IBU financial support can be spent on the costs stated in the application and approved by IBU according to the project principles.
- Supporting the NF in the implementation of high-quality international competitions for young athletes.
- Addressing the gaps in participation pathways by supporting the NFs in introducing programs based on international cooperation.
- Creating the possibility of broad participation in system sports competitions (popularization).
- Supporting the NFs in using local biathlon facilities and venues to promote biathlon in the country and region.
- Increasing the activity and effectiveness of biathlon federations/associations and clubs in promoting the sport of children and youth.
- Gaining access to additional resources and funding.
The project aims to support NFs to implement good quality international competitions for young athletes based on international cooperation. It strives to increase the activity and efficiency of biathlon federations/associations and clubs in promoting biathlon among children and youths.
Project applications must be submitted via IBU Scope.
Call for SUMMER EVENT applications: 17th April 2023 until 31st May 2023
Call for CITY EVENTS applications: 17th April 2023 until 31st May 2023
Call for WINTER EVENT applications: 17th April 2023 until 15th September 2023
Duration of projects: 01st July 2023 to 30th October 2023 for SUMMER and CITY events, and 1st November 2023 to 31st March 2024 for WINTER events
Announcement of results: by 9th of June 2023
For more information contact
Maija Ruotsalainen – IBU Regional Event Coordinator
Daniel Bohm – Sport and Event Director / City Events